The poncho and the cape have been touted as the biggest trend of this season. Ponchos were worn by the Native Americans since pre-Hispanic times. While the main goal of a poncho is to keep the body warm, a cape is like a sleeveless outer garment that covers only the back half of the wearer. In the fashion industry, capes tend to be dressier and made of heavier material than ponchos.
If you are wondering where to buy ponchos, looking online is the best option available. There are several clothing stores across the country according to http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/trad42a-eng.htm . With the growing competition in the online market to capture more customers, there is always a never-ending line of sales and promotions which you can use to your benefit.
Most customers identify with the fun and trendy vibe that a poncho gives off. There have not been many innovations I the fashion industry in the recent years that have been received as well as the poncho. They are perceived to be super trendy in addition to being super comfortable. Since a lightweight poncho can be used indoors as well as outdoors, it is the perfect for days when the temperature is not that cold.
Ponchos are also available in kid sizes making them look cute without making them feel uncomfortable. The ease of wearing a poncho has been one of the major crowd pullers. You only have to pull it over your head. Some different ways of wearing a poncho or cape have been compiled below to help you achieve the perfect look:
· Keep it chic, by wearing a single color from head to toe. Winter White works especially well.
· Flowy Capes are the perfect accompaniment to miniskirts and tall boots.
· A simple top and white jeans topped off with a black floor length poncho.
· Accentuate your waist by wearing a wide belt over your poncho.
· Keep it classy by pairing your poncho with cropped leather pants and pointy toe flats.
· Shoulder bags need to be held by their straps to prevent them from slipping off while wearing a poncho.
· A denim monochrome outfit is a perfect counterpoint to a tan poncho.
· Capes styles with over-the-knee suede boots will bring out your sexy side.
Many shoppers are confused by the different styles of ponchos available in the market today. Some of these ponchos are meant for formal occasions or to as a part of professional attire. There also ponchos that is more bohemian in style with colorful patterns, chunky knits, and even fringes. It is a good idea to consider the purpose of the poncho before deciding on which style to buy. There are also several ponchos available that sport beautiful Aztec prints inspired by their South American heritage.
A poncho tends to be an attention grabber on its own, so it is prudent not to over-accessorize. Follow the minimalistic rule to maintain a clutter-free look. A clutch is a perfect counterpart to a poncho to avoid the shoulder bags slipping off your shoulders. Once you find the perfect poncho, drape it across your body and achieve the timeless look of perfection.